Donate a Car
Donate your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland to support our mission in cities such as Bethesda, Silver Spring and Hyattsville, Maryland in support of local families.
Your car donation is one more way that you can support our work in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. When you donate to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland we make it quick and easy. Your donation may also be a tax deduction.
We accept cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles whether they are running or not. Towing is free!
Top Rated Vehicle Donation Program by Forbes!
We’re proud that Forbes listed Habitat for Humanity as a top vehicle donation program in the United States! The list was based on the efficiency and impact of our vehicle donation program. This means each dollar from your vehicle donation will make an even greater impact right here in our community!
Start your vehicle donation online or call
Did you know car donations are just one more way you can support our work at Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland? The proceeds from your car donation come directly back to helping build and repair homes for local families in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties, Maryland. Donating your car may also be tax deductible, and you can complete the process in 3 easy steps.
Why should I donate my car to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland?
- All net proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will support Habitat for Humanity and help local families here in our communities.
- Your vehicle donation may quality for a tax deduction.
- It’s fast and easy. Learn more about how vehicle donations work.
How do I donate my car in Maryland?
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask you to provide such as vehicle make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- If your vehicle is accepted, you can schedule your car to be picked up.
What type of vehicle can I donate in Maryland?
- Construction or farm equipment
- Any other vehicle ― running or not!
Can I donate a vehicle that does not run?
Absolutely! Your vehicle does not need to be running in order to donate it. But, it does need to have all tires inflated.
How much of a tax write-off do I get for donating my car?
When you vehicle is sold, that will determine the value. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you may be eligible to deduct the full selling price. If your vehicle sells for $500 or less, you can deduct the “fair market value” of your vehicle, up to $500. We recommend that you talk to your tax advisor to determine your personal tax deduction situation.
What paperwork do I need to donate my car in Maryland?
- Maryland requires a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation to Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland, you will need to fill out your vehicle title accordingly: 1) enter the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field; 2) PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
Start your vehicle donation online or call (877) 277-4344
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.