HFHMM Veteran Repair program is a construction-based resource aimed at identifying and addressing health and safety related repairs to the homes of qualified families in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. Funding for our Veteran Repair Program comes, in part, from the Home Depot Foundation, and allows us to serve the critical repair needs of Active Duty and Veteran households in the community.
Veteran Repair Program Services:
For more information visit our dedicated Repair Program page
|Water heater replacement|
|Porch repair or replacement|
|Drywall repair or replacement|
|Minor electrical repairs|
For more information visit our dedicated Weatherization Program page
|Energy Star Improvements/upgrades|
|Eligible Furnace/AC upgrade|
|Eligible Water Heater upgrades|
Senior/ Accessibility Services:
|Zero-step Entry Solutions|
For more information visit our dedicated CAPABLE Program page
*through the Veteran program, occupational therapist and registered nurse services are optional. Homeowner can opt for Repairs only
|Grab bars and handrails|
- In order to be considered for the Veteran Repair Program a household must have an active duty or general/honorable discharge vet living in the home as their primary residence.
- Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland Repair and Weatherization is not an emergency or crisis based program. If you have issues within your home which cause an imminent danger to you or members of your household, please see our additional resources page for more information.
- HFHMM strives to serve as many households as possible. For Homeowners who participated in our Repair, Weatherization, and/or CAPABLE program(s) in 2015 or later, HFHMM will not approve applications for additional services within a 7 year period.
How It Works:
- HOMEOWNERS must submit an inquiry in order to receive an application at a time when funding is available. To submit an inquiry online, scroll down.
- HFHMM will notify you by mail, with an application, at a time when applicable funding is available.
- HOMEOWNERS will complete a full application within 2 – 3 weeks of receiving it in the mail, complete with required documentation **including a DD-214 to be considered for the Veteran Repair Program.
- HFHMM will review applications, conduct a home visit, and determine eligibility based on program capabilities and needs.
- HOMEOWNERSwill be notified of a decision to either pursue estimates for proposed services, or deny the application.
- HFHMM will determine which services, if any, fall within funding/program capabilities, budget, timeline etc.
- HOMEOWNERS will sign an agreement for conduct and liability which includes the proposed scope of work for the home.
- Be willing to provide a copy of DD-214 for the purpose of verifying veteran status
- Be willing to partner with HFHMM by upholding the terms of the agreement with HFHMM, being responsive, helpful in any way they are able.
- Be willing to agree to a small repayment (for repair services only)
- Be a Montgomery County or Prince George’s County homeowner. Home must be the primary residence of applicant(s) and applicant(s) must have lived in the home for a minimum of one year prior to applying, and plan on living in the home for a minimum of two years after work is completed.
- Have current homeowners’ insurance.
- Have a total gross household income below the levels listed in this chart:
Maximum Income Annual Allowed (gross)
*there is no minimum income needed to qualify
If you are a Veteran and/or Active Duty Military and would like to explore ways to get involved with Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland in order to give back to your community please visit the Volunteer Page
Submit an Inquiry:
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.