How to Apply: Home Repair Services
** Funding applicable to households located within Qualified Census Tracts in Prince George’s County. Special consideration will also be given to the following: 1) individuals and families who have been in their home for more than 7 years, 2) households located in a QCT that is also within a mile of a future purple line stop [link to a mapping tool is located on the PG HOPP page], and 3) households earning below 50% of AMI according to the income table on the PG HOPP page.
* Program acceptance is contingent on the availability of applicable funding. If you are interested in participating in any of these programs, navigate to that program’s landing page at the Left hand sidebar or at the links below, and read more. If you would like to receive an application when that program has space available, submit any inquiry at the bottom of any HFHMM program landing page or read more for further instruction.
- Home Repair Program - HFHMM Home Repair program is a construction based resource aimed at identifying and addressing health and safety related repairs to the home. The goal of this program is to provide owner-occupied homes with a safe, healthy, and accessible environment.
- Weatherization Program - Weatherization projects are entirely free to the homeowner and are designed to improve the energy efficiency, overall indoor air quality, and comfort of your home. An easy way to think about this program is it helps keep in heat during the winter and cool air during the summer.
- Veteran Repairs Program - HFHMM Veteran Repair program is a construction-based resource aimed at identifying and addressing health and safety related repairs to the homes of qualified families in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. Funding for our Veteran Repair Program comes, in part, from the Home Depot Foundation, and allows us to serve the critical repair needs of Active Duty and Veteran households in the community.
- Montgomery County Homeowner Energy Efficiency Program (MCEEP) - The Montgomery County Homeowner Energy Efficiency Program (MCEEP) is FREE program through the Montgomery County Department of Housing and Community Affairs, administered by Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland aimed at reducing home energy usage for qualified PEPCO customers.
- Prince George’s County homeownership Preservation Program (PG HOPP) - Prince George’s County homeownership Preservation Program (PG HOPP) is a construction-based resource aimed at identifying and addressing critical health, safety, and accessibility related needs of the homes of income qualifying homeowners in eligible areas of Prince George’s County. This program is sponsored by the Prince George’s County Department of Housing and Community Development and is being funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) (**Award number SLFRP2093 provided by the US. Department of the Treasury).
- Repair and Accessibility Modification Program (RAMP) - RAMP program is a construction-based resource aimed at identifying and addressing critical health, safety and accessibility related needs in the homes of families where at least one household member struggles with one or more Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s). The goal of this program is to provide owner-occupied homes with a safe, healthy, and accessible environment in a comprehensive way using the expertise of an Occupational Therapist (OT), and optional consultation with a Registered Nurse (RN) to determine best-fit accessible solutions for housing challenges.
Things to Know:
*HFHMM is partnering with the Life Long Home Coalition to provide wrap around services to income qualified older adults in need of health and safety home repair services. To learn more about The LLHC and to see if they are in your surrounding area, please click here.
*HFHMM is partnering with the Hyattsville Aging in Place village to provide older adults in the city with resources to age in place as actively and safely as possible. For more information, please click here.
Submit an Inquiry:
If you are interested in submitting an inquiry, click here.If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the programs mentioned above, please feel free to reach out to:
Repair and Weatherization Program
Repair Client Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity Metro Maryland
301-990-0014 x 19
subscribe to our newsletter
Click the link below to sign up to receive our newsletter.